Joyquip Tank Gauging - made to measure!
Firstly, let's explain what tank gauging, often called dipping, ATG or auto tank gauging means. Traditionally tank gauging or tank dipping has been performed by owners of fuel to establish the tank level on a regular basis. So once a day, or once a week the person responsible for this task would go to the top of the tank, open a dip point and lift the dipstick out to take a reading of the level in the tank.
GET A GAUGING SOLUTION THAT MATCHES YOUR NEEDS
At Joyquip we really don't want to sell you something that has more functionality than you need or on the other hand, a system that does not do what you need. So we have a wide range of different solutions that suit the smallest to largest fuel storage customer. Here is 4 examples which is by no means our full range:
► World Track Point Ultrasonic level gauges with GPS chip. Less than $1000 installed, remote access only for around $11/month including communications charges.
- Suitable for diesel only, up to 3m tanks with top entry point
- Contact version available for single skin tanks up to 1.8m with no entry points
- Multiple viewers with a hierarchical structure that means the fuel vendor can view all their tanks and provide their customer with an independent view of their own tanks.
- Re-order point email to your choice of recipients
- Filling alert - know when your tank is being filled by your truck. This can also be automated by tracking your road tanker.
► Fuelcraft Ultrasonic level gauging systems. Next level but still a very economic solution - around $5000 installed per individual tank. Perfect where you want to integrate the level measurements into your Smartfill fuel management system. Other fuel management systems may also be able to be integrated.
- Uses hazardous area approved ultrasonic probes, can be used for diesel and petrol - note, extra cost involved with flammables.
- Increases the functionality of your existing systems, ask us about retrofitting a new fuel management system if yours is not capable of expansion or is frustrating you!
► OPW Nano level gauges. Works on the magnetostrictive principle, price varies from $8,000 for one tank to $24,000 for 4 tanks, price dependent on installation complexity and functionality required.
- Probes are hazardous area approved and can be installed in above or underground or above ground applications. Up to 3.8m probes available.
- The Nano controller can be used with up to 12 probes and is very common in service stations around the world.
- Broad Functionality with water bottom, fuel density, temperature etc.
► Nivelco flexible cable magnetostrictive gauges for tanks up to 20m high. We install these units in regional fuel depots where vertical bullet type tanks are often still in use. Each system is tailored to the application, functionality such as overfill and data logging are all part of our capability.
WHY CHANGE ANYTHING?
Why indeed. When you take even a cursory look at the process it becomes obvious that you'd be crazy not to move away from the old methods now that we have very economical and easy to access solutions.
Some of the benefits of eliminating the dipping process include:
► Accuracy & Consistency - Eliminate human error and forgetfulness!
► Convenience - Live tank levels, particularly good if you have more than one tank.
► OH&S - Working at heights - some tanks are even more difficult to get to than others!
► OH&S - Chemical exposure - ivery difficult to manual dip without breathing fuel vapours or getting fuel on your skin
► Fuel security - fuel can be a tempting commodity, knowing how much you have at any moment is part of the solution
► Automatic fuel ordering - remove the problem of forgetting or waiting too late to order, one less task on your to do list.